It's Your Big Day.
Photojournalistic engagement and wedding photography
I love to get away from documenting the ephemeral news of the day to capturing something more lasting and beautiful. It gives me great joy and pleasure to make wedding images that will be treasured by a couple forever. My job is to give you my full attention and capture for posterity all the precious moments of your big day. With this gallery of work you can share all the love and excitement of your celebration with friends and family forever.
Let me bring my 23 years of experience in capturing the details of life to document the beauty of your finest day.
My price schedule for year 2018.
All sessions include:
- Final high-resolution JPG digital images within three weeks
- Images are delivered by download from password-protected gallery
- All Images are licensed for your personal use to share and print
- Online purchasing of digital downloads and print products
- Three months online hosting of proof images
- Payment plans are available
- Credit card payments are accepted
We’ll discuss your big day and if you find that we’re a good fit, I’ll apply the engagement session fee to the retainer for your wedding coverage!
- Let's meet to see if we're a good fit and how to proceed.
- Let's talk over coffee.
- One Photo
- Weekdays only, please.
Brief EngagementPhoto Session
- A brief encounter for us to meet and make some photos together. We’ll schedule a time to meet for less than an hour at the location of your choice to make casual, romantic portraits suitable for prints, newspaper announcements and social media. You’ll receive up to five photos from our session.
- Up to one hour
- One location, One outfit
- Up to 5 Photos
- Weekdays only, please.
Full EngagementPhoto Session
- Quality time with the two of you. We’ll schedule a time to begin at the location of your choice and make casual, romantic portraits suitable for prints, newspaper announcements and social media. This includes as many locations and outfit changes as possible within a two hour shooting session. You’ll receive up to ten photos from our session.
- Two hours
- Up to 10 Photos
- As many locations and outfits time allows.
- Check availabilty
Wedding and proof albums, professional prints, digital downloads, fine art cards, greeting cards and coffee table books also available!
- Up to three hours of wedding coverage for small ceremonies at one location in Louisville. Additional time available.
- Three hours
- One location
- 75 photos
- Up to six hours of wedding coverage in Louisville. Recommended for smaller wedding parties.
- Up to six hours
- Two locations
- Up to 150 Photos
Your Big Day CoverageWedding
- I’m with you from the preparation before the ceremony to the reception that follows.
- Eight hours
- Up to 180 Photos
- Two locations or more
Frequently Asked Questions
Engagement sessions include the use of my regular kit with flash unless otherwise specified. Other sessions may require more time for the setup and use of studio lights and backgrounds. Brief sessions generally last around 30-45 minutes, while Full sessions tend to last around 60-90 minutes. Custom packages may vary in length, depending on driving times and the number of locations involved. If possible, I’ll arrive in advance of our session to take a tour and set up any lighting or backgrounds necessary for the job.
At it’s most basic, it’s this: After first use by client, photographer reserves the right to use photos made for this job as prints or on the photographer’s website as work examples, for self promotion, photo presentations and any other uses. The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Photographer against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to uses for which no release was requested or uses which exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a release.
It really depends on the job and the agreement we reach based on your need for control over the work made for you. Without a signed model release, I’m unable to sell any image commercially. Under some conditions, I may be able to resell the image for editorial purposes, but it’s highly unlikely. If you don’t agree to my terms and conditions as stated below, let’s discuss and we can add it to a subcontract to our agreement. I’m open to discussion on your terms, too.
A signed wedding or engagement agreement is required to confirmthe date of your session.
See my full terms and conditions here:
We’ll outline full payment details in our agreement. For engagement sessions and weddings, full payment upfront is always preferred and may convey some benefits if you can’t make the date at the last minute. (See the cancellation policy below.) For some clients, a retainer of $50 may be required to hold your session date. I accept PayPal and credit cards. Credit cards can be used to pay your retainer online and in person at the time of your session to pay your balance. Payment is due at the end of your shoot. Please note that your photos will not be processed or returned to you until full payment is made.
Unless otherwise noted in our agreement, a $50 retainer is due at the time of scheduling to secure your session time, and I generally do not hold dates for clients without one. This is NON-REFUNDABLE. You may reschedule your session with no penalty 24 hours before the shoot. If you choose to pay in full before your shoot, and you call 24 hours before your shoot time, you’ll be able to reschedule your shoot within 90 days at our mutual convenience without losing the payment. If you do not call and do not show up for your appointment, you forfeit your retainer and/or entire payment for the shoot.
We’ll be in touch by phone or text prior to our session to be sure we find each other. Once we’ve both arrived at our agreed upon location, we’ll probably spend a few minutes getting more acquainted before starting the shoot. I might ask you to sign a model release and take a photo of you with my phone. We’ll go over our shot list again and begin. I like to blend candid photojournalistic shots and posed portraits in each session and will work with you by giving you lots of direction and plenty of positive feedback to produce flattering looks.
Ohio river valley weather is always changing. If you don’t like the weather today, wait until tomorrow. If heavy rain is forecast for the day of your shoot, I will try to reschedule you as soon as possible. If the forecast is light or intermittent rain on the day of our session, I’ll generally wait until about an hour or two before the shoot to make the decision. I’ll call you and we can either choose to reschedule or pick a rain-friendly location if you need to do your shoot that day. Places like Waterfront Park can be done in the rain. If this is not a suitable option, we will email you for a reschedule. There may be a wait time to reschedule your session, but we’ll get it done within 90 days at our mutual convenience.
- Wear something comfortable that makes you feel confident.
- Avoid busy patterns and stripes.
- Choose colors that accentuate your skin tone.
- Bring extra layers to add or remove for different looks.
- Don’t forget hats, scarves and jewelry to mix up your look.
- Be evergreen – don’t limit yourself to seasonal clothes.
- If you plan to change outfits, we need to arrange for a place to change.
- Include time to change your outfit, as it will take time away from shooting.
- Bring someone to help carry and hold things.
- Have your hair cut or styled a few days before the session.
- Have your teeth cleaned.
- Have your glasses adjusted by an optician for proper fit.
- Get a plenty of sleep the night before.
- Shave gently to avoid razor burn. Trim nose and ear hair.
- Have a light meal or snack before the shoot.
- Floss and brush your teeth before the shoot.
- Clean your glasses.
- Stay hydrated. Always have a bottle of water with you.
Photos captured during our session are backed-up upon return to the office, then culled for the best images from each situation and given darkroom-style correction to produce print-ready, full resolution image files. Photo metadata will include a caption describing our session, my copyright info, and the agreed-upon usage license. This will result in a gallery of photographers selects, which will be made available to you for download by our agreed upon deadline. You’ll receive a notice by email with a link to a password-protected web gallery where you may view, share and download photos from your session.
Your photos are delivered as a digital download from a password-protected gallery, and will be available for three months after our session. Photos from your session are also available for purchase on a data DVD or thumb drive for an additional fee.
Photo products are available for online purchase for home delivery through the gallery you download your images from – just put a photo in the cart and check out the options! You are not obliged to purchase prints from me. With digital downloads, you may take your image file and have it printed wherever you like.
Thank you, past wedding client couples! Here are highlights from past weddings.
Get in touch today