Because the health and safety of my clients, myself and family are extremely important to me ...
Policies for In-Person Sessions
Photography and Covid-19
Due to the pandemic we’re experiencing, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear set forth guidlines in May of this year for safely reopening photography businesses in the wake of the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
The document, “Team Kentucky Healthy at Work Requirements for Photography Businesses” lists cleaning and disinfecting and social distancing guidelines that form the basis of my policies, along with other recent guidance and experience working with clients.
For your safety, I will:
- Sanitize hands before and after each appointment.
- Wear a clean mask.
- Wear gloves if required by the client.
- keep my distance from others using no-touch posing methods.
- Keep my hands to myself, no handshakes, hugs, fist or elbow-bumping.
- Refrain from touching any surfaces in the property other than the front door for entering and exiting.
- Sanitize my equipment before and after each shoot.
- Reschedule your shoot If I feel ill at all or have been in contact with someone that has been sick in the last 2 weeks or has pending COVID-19 test results, have tested positive for COVID-19, or may have been exposed to someone who had tested positive for COVID-19.
If you will, please:
- Please give me plenty of space to work in, preferably outdoors if possible.
- Anyone present during a shoot, indoors or outdoors, must wear a mask that properly covers both mouth and nose.
- A minimum distance of 6 feet between photographer and client must be maintained at all times.
- The property will be clean and all surfaces disinfected with an approved disinfectant prior to the photographer’s arrival. This includes any doorknobs/locks that our photographer will need to use when accessing the property. (Find approved disinfectants at cdc.gov)
- To eliminate the need to touch items in the property, turn on all lights, turn off all ceiling fans, open blinds, open windows and all interior doors before my arrival.
- Please don’t ask to see the back of the camera and refrain from touching my equipment.
- Reschedule your shoot if you, the client or property owner, any occupants, or anyone who has recently entered the property are sick or have been sick in the last 2 weeks or has pending COVID-19 test results, have tested positive for COVID-19, or may have been exposed to someone who had tested positive for COVID-19. (No cost penalty for rescheduling)